Ingredients:(for 25 pastries)
- Instant blending flour 300g
- Sugar 50g
- Butter 120g
- Warm water 140ml
- Best for pastry flour 200g
- Butter 130g
- Sugar 250g
- Best for pastry flour 150g
(If you can find the "Sponge Cake Flour" in Chinese Grocery Store, use the cake flour instead of pastry flour.)
- Boil (a) of filling together and add (b) in, blend them well and keep boiling for 30 seconds (don't stop stirring while boiling).
Sit it to cold and divide into 25 shares.
(You can put the filling in fridge to make it harder, then divide.)
- Prepare the outer dough and inner dough then make 25 shares of "Crispy Pastry".
- Wrap one share of filling in a pastry. The wrapped side faces down. Press it by palm to flat it and roll it gently to a flat pie-shape (about 0.5cm thick) then lay it on bake-tray. Wrap all cakes accordingly.
- Jab some pinholes on the faces of the cakes then brush some stirred egg yolk on the tops.
- Put cakes in the 375°F preheated oven (on middle rack), bake for 18~20 minutes.
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN