- Roasted sea weed for Sushi 6pcs
- Sushi Roller
- Japanese rice 2 cups
- Water 1 and 3/4 cups
- Sushi vinegar 60~80ml (or according to your preference)
- Cucumber (or asparagus)
- 3 eggs
- Water 50ml
Salt 1/2 tsp
sugar 1/2 tsp
White wine a few
- Cooked ham
- King crab legs meat
- Dries shredded pork jerky.
- Cooked shrimp
- Capelin roes
- ......(You can "invent" by yourself, once they taste good.)
- Wash the rice twice and soak in the water for 10 minutes. Then drain the rice and add the water. Use the rice cooker to cook the rice.
- After the rice is done, keep in the rice cooker for 20 minute. Take the cooked rice out and pour in the vinegar and blend them well. Sit the rice aside until rice gets completely cold.
- Mix ingredient (c.) well. Then stir 3 eggs in the mixture. Panfry the egg with very low heat till it is "almost" well-done. (Don't stir the egg mixture while you're pan-frying.) Sit it to cool down and slice into thin stick.
- Slice the cucumber into thin stick. (Or boil the asparagus for 1 minute and put in cold water to cool it down. It can keep asparagus jade green and crunchy as well.)
- Slice the ham into thin stick.
|Roll the Sushi:
Spread out the "Sushi Roller". Lay 1 sea weed sheet on it. Lay a thin layer of rice on the sea weed on the sea weed as showed in picture.
- Lay the filling accordingly as showed in pictures.
(The filling can be cucumber, ham, king crab meat, dried shredded jerky, shrimp roesˇK., all according to your personal preference. And the most important is that all the filling must be cold.)
- Roll it up as showed in pictures.
- Squeeze couple rice grains on the edge (as the "glue") and those squeezed grains can seal the sea weed sheet.
- Slice the Sushi roll and ready for serve.
- The best temperature to preserve Sushi Roll is 18°C (64°F) and no longer than 12 hours. If you put the Sushi in the fridge, the rice will turn hard and it won't taste good.
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN