- Ground pork 450g
- Glutinous rice 1 cup (long grains are better)
- 8~10 medium size shrimps
- Water chestnut 6
- Chopped green onion 1/2 cup
- Grinded ginger1/2 teaspoon
- Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- White wine 1 teaspoon
- Cornstarch 2 teaspoon
- 1 egg white
- White pepper a few
- Water 50ml
- Vegetable oil 30ml
- Sesame oil 1 teaspoon
- Chop the water chestnut to very fine.
- Chop the shrimps to very fine.
- Mix ground pork, chopped water chestnut, shrimps and (e)~(l) all together in a big bowl. Blend them in one direction for a while, then pour (m)~(o) and blend again till it becomes very sticky.
- Wash the rice twice and soak in water for 10 minutes. Drain the rice and put on a plate.
- Grab handful of meat and squeeze a ping-pong size of meat mixture and roll it then dip the rice to cover all surface.
- Place the "pearl meatballs" on a greased plate. Steam for 12~15 minutes and ready for serve.
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN