- Eggs 3
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Milk 3/8 cup
- Best for cake & pastry flour (Robin Hood) 1 cups
- Baking Soda less than 1/8 teaspoon
- Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter 50g
- Condensed Vanilla 1/4 teaspoon
- Mix eggs, sugar, in big bowl, blend them well (use the slow speed of the blender) until sugar melted (about 5 minutes).
- Put baking soda, vanilla into the mixture and blend again for 1 minute.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder in the mixture and blend them well, at the same time pour in the milk, blend until the mixture turns milk white and feels like honey (stick on your finger tip and won't drip).
- Blend the mixture with melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into the bake tray.
- Steam for 40 minutes then serve.
- Using smaller trays is better for steaming the cakes. If the mixture in the tray is too thick, it'll be very hard to get a good well-done cake.
- Do not open the lip when the cake is been steaming, otherwise the cake will be sunken. It won't be fluffy.
- Using a chopstick stab into the cake, poll it out. If it's clean and without uncooked mixture, that means cake is done.
- Because the cakes will be steamed for 40 minutes, make sure the water is always enough for better heating. Check the water in the steamer once and a while, don't let it dry out or too few.
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN