Ingredients: (for 8 pancakes)
- Lo-Bok 500g
- Instant blending flour 2 and 1/2 cups
- Cornstarch 1/4 cup
- 1 egg
- Water 3 cups
- Ground pork 150~200g
- Chopped green onion 1/3 cup
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon
- Sesame oil a few
|Prepare the mixture
- Peel the Lo-bok and shred it.
- Put the shredded Lo-Bok and (b)~(j) in to a big bowl and mix them well (syrupy mixture). (Don't put all the flour in, add slowly.)
- Pour 1 and 1/2 scoop of mixture in the medium-heated fry-pan with some oil inside. Use the turner (or scoop) to spread the mixture out to a thin and round pie shape. (I usually make an about 20cm diameter cake.) You can flatten the mixture from the centre, and make a spiral toward the edge (outward). Fry both sides until them turn golden brown and ready for serve.
- You can use the English cucumber instead of Lo-Bok. Shred the cucumber same as Lo-Bok.
- Because of Lo-Bok (or cucumber) in the pancakes, they taste different than "Egg cakes" or "Chinese Pizza". They are softer.
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN