Ingredients:(for 30 Pastries)
Outer pastry (Water-oil dough)
- Best for blending flour (Robin Hood) 500g.
- Unsalted butter 50g.
- Salt 10g.
- Warm water 240cc~250cc.
- Yeast 10g
Inner pastry (Oil dough)
- Best for cake & pastry flour (Robin Hood) 550g.
- Unsalted butter 350g.
- Lo-Bok 800g
- Ground meat 300g
- Chopped green onion a few
- Soy sauce, salt and white pepper a few (according to your preference)
- Unbaked esame a few (for topping)
- Egg yolk (about 2 eggs)
- Peel the Lo-Bok skin and shred it. Then boil the shredded Lo-Bok till Lo-Bok turns soft then drain it. Stir fry ground meat with green onion, soy sauce and salt. After the ground meat is well done and turns brown, mix the shredded Lo-Bok into it and stir fry them till the juice dry. (You can keep the filling the fridge for couple hours, and drain it to very dry is recommended. That will be easier for the wrapping later.)
- Use ingredients of the dough to prepare "Crispy Pastry" (detailed description in FAQ) 30 shares.
Notice: In the outer water-oil dough, we are using "Yeast" in the warm water, be sure to set the water-oil dough aside for 40 minutes to get a better "yeasted" dough before you proceed to make the wrapping pastries!
||  Wrap the filling into pastry as showed in pictures then lay it on bake-tray.|
- Press the wrapped pastries by palm to flatten them (about 2cm thick).
- Brush the stirred egg-yolk on the top twice. Sprinkle some sesame onto it as topping. Put them aside about 20 minutes.
- Set oven to 385°F, put the bake-tray on middle rack of the oven and bake about 20 to 22 minutes.