Ingredients:(serving 3 persons)
- Rice 1 and 1/2 cups
(no matter short grains or long grains, all according to your preference.)
- Chicken breast one.
- 10 medium size shrimps
- 2 eggs
- Chopped green onion 1/3 cup
- English cucumber a few
- Vegetable oil 4 teaspoons
- Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
(You can use Oyster Sauce instead of soy sauce.)
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- White pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Follow the cooking instruction to cook the rice.
(Usually there's an instruction with the rice.)
- Dice the chicken breast and English cucumber. (very little dices.) And peel the shrimps' shells off, rinse and cut them into little pieces.
- Stir the eggs with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and scramble the egg-mixture with 1 teaspoon of oil and chop it to little pieces by the turner while you scrambling. Sit it aside when it's done.
- Stir fry the chopped green onion with 3 teaspoons oil for about 15 seconds. Then put shrimp and chicken in and keep stir-frying. Add the soy sauce and salt at the same time until meat is done. Spread the white pepper on the meat. (High heat stir-fry.)
- Put the cucumber stir-fry 10 seconds then put the cooked rice, then egg and stir-fry again until all rice and ingredients are well-mixed. (Low heat stir fry.)
- Ready for serve.
- Tommy is suggesting you cut the water off a little bit to make the cooked-rice drier. That's the best rice for fried rice. And it will be the best if you can sit the rice aside to cool it down before you fry it. However, it will take longer to fry the rice.
- You can diversify the fried-rice as you want. For example, use the ground pork (or chicken or turkey, or beef) instead of diced chicken and shrimps. Or you can use cooked sausage (chopped) or ham. The options for the vegetable are, diced cucumbers, diced carrot, chopped green pepper, fine-striped iceberg lettuce, green beans, corns, or even canned pineapple. Or if you like spicy foods, you can put some chili pepper in it. And ingredients you like can be in your own homemade fried rice. But, be sure that to chop or cut or shred the ingredients to smaller is one of the key points.
- If you are using the iceberg lettuce, don't put the lettuce in until all the fried rice steps are done. That can keep the lettuce crunchy and taste sweet.
(After the fried rice is done, turn off the heat then put the lettuce in and stir.)
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN