- Eggs 3
- Sugar 200g
- Milk 100ml
- Cream Cheese 150g
- Best for cake & pastry flour (Robin Hood) 200g
- Baking Soda less than 1/8 teaspoon
- Baking powder 3/4 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 3 teaspoons
- Condensed Vanilla 1/4 teaspoon(Optional)
|Make the cake:
- Mix eggs, sugar, in big bowl, blend them well (use the slow speed of the blender) until sugar melted (about 4 minutes).
- Put the soft cream cheese and baking soda into the mixture and blend again for 2 minutes.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder in the mixture and blend them. Add milk and vanilla at the same moment and blend it well until the mixture turns milk white and feels like honey (stick on your finger tip and won't drip).
- Blend the mixture with vegetable oil.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray.
- Steam for 40 minutes then serve.
- Using smaller trays is better for steaming the cake. If the mixture in the tray is too deep, it'll be very hard to have a good well-done cake.
- Do not open the lip while the cake is being steamed, otherwise the cake will be sunken. It won't be fluffy.
- Using a chopstick stab into the cake, poll it out. If it's clean and without uncooked mixture, that means cake is done.
- Because the cake will be steamed for 40 minutes, make sure the water is always enough for better heating. Check the water in the steamer once and a while, don't let it dry out or too few.
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN