Ingredients: (Serve for 3 persons)
- Cooked rice
- Beef shank 400g~500g
- Tomato 3
- Sweet beans a few
- Soft Tofu 1 box
- Soy sauce 5 teaspoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Cornstarch 1/2 cup
|Make the meal:
- Cut the beef shank to little pieces and boil them for 3~5 minutes to get rid of the blood.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of oil in fry pan and put the beef in. Stir fry beef with soy sauce and salt for 3 minutes.
- Pour the beef in a pot and add in 2 cups of water and diced tomato. Simmer the beef till beef turns soft.
- Dice the Tofu and add in the pot.
- Mix cornstarch with water then pour in the pot slowly until the hashed turns syrupy.
- Set some rice on plate and pour couple scoops of beef hashed on rice.
- Ready for serve
- It's very crucial to boil the beef. Otherwise, there'll be lot of "bubbles" while the beef is being simmered.
- Tommy recommends using beef shank because after simmered, the beef still soft and chewy. If you don't like the texture of beef shank, you can use simmer-beef instead.
- You can use mushroom and green beans instead of Tofu and sweet beans.
- If you prefer the tomato sauce, you can put some while simmering. However, cut the soy sauce and salt, because usually tomato sauce is salty.
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN