Ingredients: (for 20 meatballs)
- Medium ground beef 350g
- Ground pork 100g
- Minced water chestnut 100g
- Chopped green onion 75g
- Dried mushroom 10pcs (Optional)
- 1 Egg white
- Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Starch 1 teaspoon
- Rice wine 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 2 teaspoons
- Sesame oil 1 teaspoon
- Water 100ml
- Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes. Then mince them to fine.
- Blend beef and pork with (g)~(j) until it is very sticky.
- Add green onion, minced mushroom and water chestnut and egg white then blend them well.
- Add (k)~(m) into the mixture and blend again. (A very important step to make the meatballs juicy and tender.)
- Squeeze the mixture into the ball shape (about size of ping-pong ball) and lay them on big plate.
|Steam the meatballs:
- Steam the meatballs for 12~15 minutes. Ready for serve.
- Try to keep smashing and squeezing the meat mixture while you are blending, that can make the meatballs elastic and chewy.
- Steamed beef meatballs are very typical "DIM SUM", that means people eat them plain, without rice. So don't add too many salts or too much soy sauce in the mixture.
© Copyright 2003-2004 TOMMY's KITCHEN